Over a week and still have not recieved money transferred to my bank account

bethb
Contributor
Contributor

on 6/30 I transferred money from paypal into my bank account, it is now 7/8 and I still have not recieved the money! Any suggestions? Should I contact my bank or paypal

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Databyter
New Community Member

I'm having a similar problem although it hasn't been quite a week. I lost my job last month and I'm selling some stuff to pay my utility bills. So far my credit union hasn't credited my account and the bills I have paid are all causing overdaft fees at $27 dollars a pop. Basically all the stuff I sold is just going towards bank fees and my utilities will still be shut off and I have no gas money to look for work. Just great!

Of course I'm not blaming Paypal, I think my credit union likes to delay funds so they can get the overdraft fees. They probably have a computer programmed to do just that.

Login to Me Too

austinsteev1
Contributor
Contributor

Well i havent had to wait a week....but what i WOULD like to know is why do we have to wait AT ALL!!!! I am going to call Paypal and demand they set up a way to make transfers instantaneously!!! This 3 to 4 days (or much longer for some of you) is complete B.S.!!

Login to Me Too

william423
New Community Member

Im in the same boat.I transfered my money on the 3rd of July and still nothing yet.

Login to Me Too

asonico

This is a good CLASS ACTION SUIT for an attorney who wants to make a good decent money.

Login to Me Too

kfos
New Community Member

Hi there, So when we get paid for our things we sell, Pay Pal doesn't automatically deposit it into your bank account? I thought that was what they said when I joined. My customer paid pay pal the first of August, and they still haven't deposited it in my bank account. They did say I had to wait up to 21 days when I first joined, but it's been that. I seen where you can transfer it, but shouldn't they have just deposited it? I put in my bank account info in the very beginning.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@kfos wrote:

Hi there, So when we get paid for our things we sell, Pay Pal doesn't automatically deposit it into your bank account? I thought that was what they said when I joined. My customer paid pay pal the first of August, and they still haven't deposited it in my bank account. They did say I had to wait up to 21 days when I first joined, but it's been that. I seen where you can transfer it, but shouldn't they have just deposited it? I put in my bank account info in the very beginning.

1st Paypal payment will go into you Paypal account balance.  From there you can us it to pay purchases or transfer it to you ban k account you have on file with paypal.  To withwraw the balance click on the "withdraw" tab at the top of the Paypal page and enter the amount you want to transfer.

Transfers to from USA members to USA bank accounts take 2-5 business days (usually around 3 days at most).  Internation members transfers can take up to 12 days.

Or you can request paypal send you a check.  Checks take up to 15 days to process.

Also a poster was wondering wht paypal can't speed up the transfer.  Electronic Funds Transfers are not instant.  You can google it and there is a chart showing how it actually works.

Login to Me Too

pbourgeois
Contributor
Contributor

International members transfers to a bank can take up to 12 days?? Are you kidding??!! This is the 21st century, is it not? Why so long?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.