Capture Check made out to wife

jsm98r
New Community Member

Can I use the iphone app and capture a check that is made out to my wife?  She is not on my paypal account.  If she endorses the check it is legal, but will paypal accept it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jsm98r and welcome to the Community Robot wink.

You can add money to your PayPal account by taking a picture of a check with your smart phone camera. However the check will be denied if the name on the check does not match the name as it appears on your PayPal account.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

terrymorrow
New Community Member

@PayPal_Misty

I find your response confusing.  I literally JUST hung up with a PayPal representative who looked into this kind of situation for me and assured me that a check made out to my wife, when captured with the PayPal application on my iPhone would indeed be deposited to my PayPal account.  Why is PayPal (representative) contradicting itself?  

This MUST be an occurance happening with some frequency.  I tried to set up a separate PayPal account for my wife this morning, so that she could deposit her own checks into her PayPal, or transfer over to our checking account.  But alas, PayPal won't allow her account to be linked to our checking account because I already use it.  Neither to our shared family credit card.  C'mon!  You guys need to come up with a solution for this...  this is not hard.  Get it done...make it a priority.  Otherwise, PayPal is not a helpful option for us and we'll simply stop using it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.