Website suddenly in french!

chaz6

I contacted paypal because for some reason I was receiving payment notifications in Danish. They have now changed my website language preference to French! To add insult to injury the notifications are still in Danish. They sent instructions in two languages to change the language, but I can't find the page anywhere.

If you would like to change your Language Preference in the future, log in to your PayPal account and click on the Profile subtab. Then, click the Language Preference link and follow the on-screen instructions to select a new preferred language.

Pour modifier cette préférence par la suite, il vous suffira de vous connecter à votre compte PayPal, puis de cliquer sur le sous-onglet Préférences. Vous cliquerez ensuite sur le lien Choix de la langue et suivrez les instructions affichées afin de sélectionner une autre langue.

I have gotten to the "préférence" page but the link to "Choix de la langue" is nowhere to be found. I remember looking for the language preference page before I contacted paypal when the website was in English but I could not find it either. I since contacted a friend with an account on paypal uk to find out how to change the language, and he tells me that the help says that UK paypal users cannot change your language preference! Now I am effectively locked out of my account and I am very angry and worried.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First clear your cache in case you are getting cached pages normally under tools > internet options > clear history/temp files and cookies

Contact paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages > put in account probs and phone the number given.

When you get through don't select or say any options just hang on till you get an agent.

Ask for a techie to take you through the process.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.