Trying To Locate 'My Selling Tools'

Gareth2016
Contributor
Contributor

If anybody knows where I might locate this, could they please reply with a weblink as I cannot find this on my Paypal and I will need to turn on the 'PayPal Account Optional' setting.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Gareth2016
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm not too sure :s

I am creating a Fundrazr page, and so need Pay Pal in order to collect payments.

This is what Fundrazr has said:

'Here’s how you can turn on PayPal Account Optional:

1. Go to http://www.paypal.com/ and log in to your account
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page
  3. Click "My selling tools"
  4. Under Selling Online, click "Update" near "Website preferences"
  5. Select "On" under "PayPal Account Optional" near the bottom of the page
  6. Click "Save"

Once you've turned on "PayPal Account Optional", the "Buy As A Guest" option will automatically appear on all your campaigns.' 

I need to have 'Buy As A Guest' activated as I cannot accept card payments from non Pay-Pal users without it being activated.

If 'My Selling Tools' was clearly shown then I could understand better.  It's supposed to be accessible from my Profile page but I can't see where to click and so it's confusing for me.

Login to Me Too

Gareth2016
Contributor
Contributor
Bumping this one - does anybody have an idea?
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Gareth2016

Try this

Scroll down to selling tools on the left 

underneath click seller preferences  there u will see "my profile" selling online and take it from there

Login to Me Too

Gareth2016
Contributor
Contributor

No, I still can't see this anywhere sorry.

I did as you suggested, but for whatever reason I cannot see it.

Please, if somebody could send a link to 'My Selling Tools' that would be best.  I am now starting to worry a lot.

Login to Me Too

furydeath
Contributor
Contributor
guessing they never got an answer OR A FIX as there still is NOTHING called my selling tools on the profile page. All i can do is change name address phone and email
Login to Me Too

mikebraswell

I cant find a thing!! I just lost a sale due to this. I need to change my account so that I can accept international payments. Paypal is awful.

Login to Me Too

Alvaroadair
Contributor
Contributor

They have made it almost impossible to find, thanks for that Gareth

Login to Me Too

Amogh

Hey,

As far as I know, this is probably because your account is personal and not a business account.

However, just follow these instructions to upgrade your account to business and access "My Selling Tools"

1. Login to your PayPal and scroll down, you'll see "Selling Tools" link in the left. 

homeselling.jpg

2. This will lead you to this page, click that "Accept Payments Online" button.

accept.jpg

3. Now on this page, select "Business account" then click "Continue" button.

business.jpg

4.  Fill in the form with valid details and click "Upgrade".

NO SCREENSHOT FOR THIS STEP. Sorry 😉

5.  After successful upgrade, if you followed above steps correctly, from now on when you log in to PayPal you'll see a bit different page like below. Then you have to click "Profile".

businessprofbutton.jpg

6. Now click that "Selling tools" to access the tab, you'll find all your useful settings there.

sellingtoolstab.jpg

I hope that this is helpful for you as well as others who are having these doubts.

Happy Transactions 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.