Login from UNKNOWN DEVICE

theboogalooguru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I just purchased an ebook and paid via paypal.

After logging in I was informed that there had been a login from an unknown device from an unknown location yesterday, and that I should change my password as paypal wanted to check this account was mine.

I left that page and went to paypal directly just to make sure it wasnt a re-direct scam (I was buying a book from an official cisco networks partner site so would not expect it to be a scam). Going in direct took me to the same page. It was an HTTPS site so I changed my password. I have checked my activity and all seems OK.

Should I be worried???

Thanks, Paul.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Carlos

Hello theboogalooguru! Thank you for your post and apologies for the delayed response 😕 I am sorry to hear that this has happened. From your message, it sounds like you were asked to complete an additional security check when accessing your account. To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system may ask to update your password at times. For example, you may have purchased in a new website, you may be logging in from an unsecured network or you may have made changes to your account profile recently. Once you have updated your password, your account should be protected from potential unauthorized use. Hope this helps. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.