where is the currency conversion option?

giantbill
Contributor
Contributor

I just payed for a merchantise, which is listed as $USD. I configured the payment by "AMAZON VISA CANADA".

I setup USD as primary currency and assume that paypal will charge USD against this credit card.

However paypal still charged me as CAD and do the currency conversion for me. I see lots in community that mentioned

there is currency conversion option you can use. But I can not find this "currency conversion option".

Can someone help?

What I want to do is: when I buy usd charged items, I need  paypal to charge USD against my "amazon visa canada"

credit card.

thank you.

GB

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

darina888
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have the same problem. Before November 2017,when I made withdraw ,I have got my money in currency and the currency echange was made from my local bank, but after November, paypal start to convert my money in my local currency without to inform my for thise changes.As a result, I lost money because of their unfavorable exchange rating.I wrote to them about my problem.The first time they wrote me instructions to change the settings in section "'My preapproved payments"',,and I made it but I think this not working,becouse when I am trying to withdraw money to my debit card ,I see the same convertion ,and I have  no option to change this and  to decide who to  convert my money in my local currency Paypal or my local bank.Today they wrote a reply saying that I should inform them every time when I withdraw and to tell them in which currency I want my money.It's just funny, and they violate my rights

Login to Me Too

yassen1

Thank you!
Yes, these are robbery rates paypal use. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.