"For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review this transaction. "

basspig
Contributor
Contributor

Have been a Paypal customer since May '99 and have done many hundreds of transactions since then, never a problem.

Today while doing a routine transfer of part of my funds to my bank account, I got a surprise in the form of a red exclamation point with the message, "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review this transaction. This can take up to 24 hours, but we'll email you as soon as we have an update."

I've never seen this before and therefore wondering if there has been some sort of security hack or other issue that is causing PP to need to investigate my transfer. What could be causing this and how does it affect the availability of funds to my bank?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

enferrari1
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue.  My transactions have gone up since sales are doing well so I think that may be the reason.  Did it delay your transfer?

Login to Me Too

deskbear
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same exact problem. I don't even have or transfer huge sums. I guess some exec at PayPal noticed that he could make millions by holding the money for an additional 24 hours pretexting "oh, security" and pocket the interest. Hate it when big companies get this low... Now evey single bloody transfer I make takes an additional 24 hours whilst paying the same hefty fees for greedy PayPal

Login to Me Too

basspig
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, delayed it about a day.

Login to Me Too

dainguyendang

Today, when I withdraw my money, I got same that issue Woman LOL Do you know what is happening?

Login to Me Too

Me too! What the heck is going on? I figure most of the people that posted on this forum eventually got their money, but It’s My Money and I Want it Now!
Login to Me Too

Matthias2986
Contributor
Contributor

yeah it's BS considering I play by the rules, have a bank and two major credit cards attached to my account.. there should never be a delay considering IF there was a problem I THE SELLER will be holding that bag per the usual... Just a scam to make a fortune holding funds.

Login to Me Too

Skedberg
I got this same message too and have no idea why. If it really is just to hold onto the money for an extra 24 hours then that's just crappy. I have two bank accounts, one with my local CU and another with Ally. Because Ally is an online bank it is difficult to get cash into it. The only way I can deposit cash is to deposit it first at the CU and then transfer it to Ally. Sometimes things happen and you need to get cash from one bank to the other quickly to avoid an NSF. It irks me that they advertise 30 minute transfer times for a quarter but then take 24 hours. Being that Cash app costs 1% to do the same thing I guess you really do get what you pay for with Paypal. 😞
Login to Me Too

Yvonnehartley01
Contributor
Contributor

Well same happened to me and I tell you what they better buck up before I close my account with Paypal. Nothing but bloody problems with this lot!!!

Login to Me Too

Wiseguyy007
Contributor
Contributor

It simply doesn't matter this is my 6th transfer from my online business sales over $500 and every time this instant Transfer to my Debt card is stopped for over 24hrs so PayPal can collect fees and (INTERERST) on my money. This must stop NOW. We need to start a Facebook and Twitter push to stop this abuse or simply stop offering a SCAM pitch program to its customers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.