Same mobile number for two-factor-authentication in two accounts

lolle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I have two Paypal accounts (one for business, one for private use) both have linked the same mobile number linked (because I use this number for private and business purposes).

In my first account I can use the mobile number for the two-factor-authentication, but when I try to activate in the second account I get the following message: 

"Diese Nummer wurde bereits für einen bestehenden Sicherheitsschlüssel verwendet. Verwenden Sie eine neue Nummer."

(well this is german an mean that this mobile number is already in use for an existing security key, please use another number)

Is there a way to get the two-factor-authentication work in both accounts with the same number?

Thanks a lot

Lolle

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

That's a great question - as with most PayPal features and options - items like bank accounts, credit cards, email addresses, etc., can only be linked to one account at a time.   I'm assuming the same is valid with phone numbers however, not I'm not totally sure.   You may want to follow-up with customer support to see if there's a work around.  (I'm thinking you can't do two accounts with the same number but, it's worth taking the time to contact customer support with your concerns.)

Login to Me Too

lolle
Contributor
Contributor

Customer support said, it is not possible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.