Paypal forcing me to keep accounts linked, and refusing to let me cancel my PayPal account.

Temp20240121au
New Community Member

For over a week I have been trying to remove the bank account from this profile.  I am repeatedly notified to try again later. Today a charge was processed, and that account was charged (something I have been proactively attempting to prevent). After nearly 20 minutes on the phone with customer support, who did nothing but ignore my concern and patronizingly explain to me how PayPal charges work, I resolved to just close my PayPal account. I am being prevented from doing even that because of a pending charge that is not showing, which is the original issue with me trying to remove just the bank account. I have search google and found out how to remove all pre approved purchases, etc (some of which were for one time purchases from years ago, and other for services that have been cancelled for years). However, it still will not let me remove the bank account or cancel my PayPal account. This needs to be rectified immediately.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.