PayPal restricted my account, but I'm real.

pastelleskies

I'm having a ton of issues with my PayPal account.

I have a primary account, however this secondary account was opened to receive donations from the streaming website Twitch. I did not put the account in my name, as it was imperative that my identity not be breached by psychos on the internet, so instead I used my business name as my real name. I also opened it as a business account as I thought this was perfectly fine to do. I understand that a business account won't show my full name, allegedly, however I've had cases in the past where they could see the name. In the dozens of calls I had with support before this account got restricted, no one ever mentioned to me that I was unable to do this or that I needed to change my name. No one.

Until one day when I was having trouble confirming my bank account, I got called support and whoever I talked to ended up restricting me. I now have no way to access the $5,000+ that was donated to me. I've tried calling support in the last 2 days (multiple times) and they do not call me back, I've tried submitting a ticket with no answer. I've tried changing my name as I have all the required documents, but when I hit 'submit documents' the website just thinks for a second, and nothing happens. No confirmation the documents were received or anything. I've tried resolving it in the resolution center with my recent bank statement and passport as prompted by the system, but they are still in review and because the name is not the same, I fear they will deny me.

I cannot withdraw money, pay money, send money, or do anything with the money on my account. I cannot touch it. It is maddening.

I really need help lifting this limitation on my account, so I can transfer the money to my main account and just close this account because it's turning out to be a nightmare.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.