Other paypal account locked. Help?

RLofOBFL
New Community Member
I have been using apps to build some money on paypal for a few months now and I had about 40$ finally saved up, which may not sound like a lot but it took a long time to get this and I was looking forward to finally using it. I go to log into my account so I can spend some of it but I can't remember my password(I tried all my usual pws). So I reset it and confirm the email code but then it asks for phone number verification. I don't know the phone numbers assigned to it, at the time I made the account I didn't have a phone activated so I just used some friends numbers. So I panic a little and log into the app(which still worked at the time) and input my current phone number, but maybe that wasn't the smartest idea and comes off as super suspicious. I go back to the page but it reloaded so I go through the reset process again....only this time it takes me through some security questions and then it tells me "Can't verify that this is you". I go through this a few more times kinda freaking out and then it tells me my account was locked. At this point I finally break down and call customer service but I just get a robot and after spending a few infuriating minutes, I wasn't able to get any new information out of it. Next on the list I submitted a formal complaint to paypal but with the 4-8 week timeline it didn't give me much hope. Finally I googled about account locks and it told me I'd need to provide a phone number, the paypal email...and a bank account. The issue here is that I don't have a bank account associated to this paypal due to only getting money through apps. What can I do? Is that 40$ just going to be lost forever? I do understand why they have to be so careful with people's money but I am extremely frustrated with this whole thing. This is basically my last resort so I just made another paypal to ask for help. I am pretty desperate.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.