My PayPal account is limited

florinp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, earlier this week I received an e-mail from PayPal saying that my account is limited because "You have received 1,800 EUR" and "To comply with regulations, we are required to collect and verify information about our customers." So basically they instructed me to log in into my PayPal account and provide proof of my identity and address. I took a picture of my ID and uploaded it in both cases as proof. After that I got this message "We’ll get back to you within a few business days."

As I understand, it takes up to three business days to get an answer, but so far nothing happened. I wonder what the problem is and what I have to do next.

Reference ID: PP-006-435-909-414

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@florinp

Others have waited weeks, your best bet is to phone them for an update.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

florinp
Contributor
Contributor

So after almost a month of waiting to try and solve this out, after I sent a picture of my ID and my health insurance card, PayPal told me it's still not good enough. Is this a joke or something? They keep asking for some address proof that I don't have, I don't have a drivers license and I don't pay bills because the house where the address is on the ID is owned by my parents so they pay the bills. Not only that I waited so long to get a picture checked, but now they told me just a few days before more account limitations that's not good enough (and I actually got an answer because I kept bugging them on Facebook). That's very professional.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.