Linking bank account

purujith94
New Community Member

Hi there,

I have been waiting all day for the micro-transactions to verify my account, and it hasn't happened yet. Do you know why PayPal makes you wait for 3 business days? I needed to transfer money into my bank account before that!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

It's not just PayPal - its a process - PayPal initiates the 2 deposits electronically - this info is then passed to the ACH system which in turn is redirected to your bank - depending on your bank's processing schedules determines when the deposits are posted to your account.

If you bank online, it is possible to have an option to link your bank instantly using your online banking log in information.  You will need to enter your user ID and password for your online bank account.  This information is not stored on the PayPal system and is used to match up with your banking institution to confirm ownership.  Once this information is entered correctly, your bank account will be confirmed instantly.  If that option is availble, you will see it when you first enter your bank details.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

It's not just PayPal - its a process - PayPal initiates the 2 deposits electronically - this info is then passed to the ACH system which in turn is redirected to your bank - depending on your bank's processing schedules determines when the deposits are posted to your account.

If you bank online, it is possible to have an option to link your bank instantly using your online banking log in information.  You will need to enter your user ID and password for your online bank account.  This information is not stored on the PayPal system and is used to match up with your banking institution to confirm ownership.  Once this information is entered correctly, your bank account will be confirmed instantly.  If that option is availble, you will see it when you first enter your bank details.

Login to Me Too

purujith94
New Community Member

Thanks a ton! I just skipped the micro-transaction way and linked things up right away.

Appreciate your help!

Best,

Puru

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.