Linking Card - Security Code

DJM_001
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I have just recieved my new card in the mail, and I am trying to link it to my PayPal account. Everything was working fine, and my card was already activated, but I get an error message saying that my card cannot be linked to my PayPal account. It is saying that the security code is wrong, and that I have to recheck my card information and try again.

• The billing address you've entered for your PayPal account is different than the one on your card statement.
    What to do: Check your card statement to ensure both addresses match. If you are sure you've entered the information correctly, please call the card company to find out what they have on file. Sometimes, after a recent move, the information may take longer to be updated.

I am worried that this might have something to do with it.

I had to make a call to the card company in order to activate this card, and they shipped me a new one out. I have a hard time with my speech, and so I had a relative talk the majority of the time for me in order to activate the card. All seemed well, and it was only until it came to giving out my current address that I was experiencing a new problem. You know how you are supposed to answer the automated voice's questions on the phone--clearly, and slow enough to understand? Well, when it came time to give out my full address, my relative talked to fast and gave out more than enough information (it made me think about it not being answered correctly, and that the address was slightly different than what I had set up for my PayPal account). 

I still ended up getting the card in the mail, but I am worried about the address still being slightly different. I really don't want to have to keep calling new numbers and businesses just to fix a problem like this. And like I had said before, I have a difficulty with my speech, and I really want to avoid talking as a whole. Is there a way to receive assistance without making another phone call? It would be very appreciated! I am not the best with these sorts of things, so I will be extremely thankful for any and all help.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.