Limitations and lack of customer services telephone

jonnyboy1
New Community Member

I live in Thailand and work remotely for a Chinese company who have recently switched to paypal.    I have a UK bank account that I put my salary into.    I have been to told that I will be limited due to not providing proof of address in the UK.  However I don't live in the UK,   I generally use my parents address for most things but don't have a utility bill or anything to verify that.  Are paypal suggesting that if you live abroad you cannot use UK paypal.    I have approached my company to find an alternative to paying me and I have repeatedly called the numbers for paypal customer services,   after at least 20 calls no one has yet  answered.   Almost the end of the month and I am worried about receiving my salary,  whether I will be able to transfer it.   This is not a free service as I am hit with a terrible exchange rate USD to GBP so I would expect that Paypal would have a better customer service set up.   I have also emailed and found an automated response that does not answer any of my queries.   Any help would be appreciated.   

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonnyboy1

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.