Is my account set up properly for transfering funds to paypal?

Insoul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've used Paypal in the past succesfully the only problem is that it was a while ago and I forgot sort of what option I choose last time and I'm sort of in a hurry here and need to order my item right away whilst I am not sure if paypal is still transfering my funds or if I set up my account wrong.

I have two payment transfer account options for funds into my paypal account from my bank and that's the bank chequeing account itself, and then a specific card that I have that is a visa.

I put the card into my account and used my chequeing account instead but it's been a couple of days and it hasn't transfered yet. Is this normal? my bank is compatible with paypal yes...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you are in the USA,you can transfer fund from a bank account but not  a card.

Paypal uses the slowest but free method of ACH,figure 3-4 days, then give your bank a day to allocate fund into your account 

Login to Me Too

Insoul
Contributor
Contributor

Well i live in Canada so...

But yeah it's set up to transfer money from my bank account into my paypal account. So that should be fine then?

That's another thing I'm sort of forgotten about, there's faster paypal service if you pay a monthly fee or something?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Canada has its own clearing system,similar to ours.

There is a Paypal preferred debit card (master card) ,it costs 4.95 a month ,and you can deposit money into the card and use the card as a debit card.

The fund you and others deposited are kept in an FDIC insured account with Bankcorp Bank,you can link this card with your PAYPAL account and move the money from Paypal account to the debit card.

In US,you can also go to some places and ask them to deposit your cash into your preferred debit card.

But I DONT KNOW how it works in Canada or if it is even available outside US,it has its own website,you can find out more information there.

My guess is that it is only available in USA. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is also the Paypal business debit card which is free if you have a business PAYPAL account.

you can use the card to get cash from bank ATM machine or go shopping and the fund will come out of your Paypal account -Paypal fund and backup by the bank linked to your Paypal account.

Paypal will give you a 1% cash rebate when you use it as a CREDIT CARD,since you are spending your own money and PAYPAL earns a fee from the merchant when you use it as a CREDIT CARD.

But unlike the other card,you cannot use this card to add fund to your Paypal account or to the card itself.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.