I have a linked debit card that shows as "undefined" in my Wallet. Can this be fixed?

camartinez1229
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. In the last several days, I added a Visa debit card to my account, but it shows as "undefined" in my Wallet, when it should read as "Debit". Oddly, the right logo image shows for the card, so, I don't know why I'm having an issue with it. Can it be fixed? I'd like to be able to use it with the new instant transfer feature, but so far, I'm given no option to use that card when withdrawing--only my bank account.

I've already tried sending PayPal an email regarding my issue, but I only got a useless auto response so far. But strangely, when I try to reply to it in the Message Center, I get an error when I try to send my message, and then I get kicked out of PayPal for several minutes with an "Access Denied" message, as if my IP is being blocked for some reason? Very weird.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

who issued this VISA DEBIT CARD,?

Login to Me Too

camartinez1229
Contributor
Contributor

It's a Simple card (www.simple.com).

Login to Me Too

fwhitecrow
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to get this fixed? I am having the same issue with my Simple debit card. 

Login to Me Too

camartinez1229
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it fixed. I contacted Simple, and they told me they don't support PayPal's new instant transfer feature using the card, and that I should just connect my account via the bank account number. Disappointing. But, if you're looking to use your debit card for making purchases through PayPal, then that could be a separate issue? I'm not sure.

Login to Me Too

fwhitecrow
Contributor
Contributor

I was hoping that maybe you got it fixed. I called Simple as well and they said they have members link their cards all the time with no issue. I tried reiterating that I was not able to transfer funds directly to my debit card and they informed me that it was a PayPal issues. Alas, I am frustrated and just signed up for a PayPal debit card to use my funds that way. So frustrating! 

Login to Me Too

camartinez1229
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry. It sounds like you got a rep who couldn't fully understand the issue at hand. I wrote an email to Simple via my account, and finally got a reply like two weeks later. Before their reply, I also sent their support team a DM on Twitter, and got a more prompt response, telling me their card doesn't work with PayPal's instant transfer feature. So far, I have not found any online accounts that work correctly with PayPal's instant feature, which is frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

not all debit cards are in the network,try a national bank issued debit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.