How to stop recurring payments

ronc0011
Contributor
Contributor

Well I’ve been at this for about an hour which is pretty ridicules in itself. I’m beginning to think it’s time to close out my Paypal account. Paypal’s only real value to me is the ability to prevent online merchants from automatically tagging me with a recurring payment. It’s a loathsome and despicable not to mention thoroughlydishonest practice.

In any event it appears Paypal has now changed their site intentionally making it more difficult to stop this kind of activity. And frankly I can only hope there is still some way to stop this payments.

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1.Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2.Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3.Select ‘My money'.
4.In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update'.
5.Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
6.Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request

When going to your "profile" be sure to double click on the tab to open the full Profile page as you may not get all the options if you just hover you mouse over it. Once the page loads you will see the section that says "my money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

rsv44
Contributor
Contributor

RedShoesGirl,

I just logged in to my account, clicked the cogwheel for settings, and under "Payment Settings" (bottom right) clicked on Pre-approved Payments. When I clicked on the company name to select one of these, the Subscription Details page which opens has at the bottom a section "Subscription Address" and below thta is a Cancel Subscription button.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1.Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2.Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3.Select ‘My money'.
4.In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update'.
5.Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
6.Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request

When going to your "profile" be sure to double click on the tab to open the full Profile page as you may not get all the options if you just hover you mouse over it. Once the page loads you will see the section that says "my money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ronc0011
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help I had found this before from Google searches but never always the link for "My preapproved payments" wasn't there also none of the places I found through Google showed the ".UK" part of the url though I would assume any paypal link would redirect to the right servers. I didn't actually use a link I just typed in my browser adress bar: http://www.paypal.com surely that would go to the same servers. Hmmm... Butin any event your link and instruction worked. Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

RODOR1960
Contributor
Contributor

I was looking for ways' to stop a recurring payment.  With your easy to see and read instructions, I took care of what was needed.

Thank you

Robert Dorsey

Cabin Watch Fine Time wear

Login to Me Too

rsv44
Contributor
Contributor

The solution posted in 2014 no longer works because (as far as I can see) there is no longer a Profile link to click on, even if I revert to the classic site.

I have set up several different recurring payments with the same merchant and only need to delete one of these, but can't find any of them in PayPal. 

Better navigation please!!

Login to Me Too

rsv44
Contributor
Contributor

OK - I've found that the US solution works in the UK as well - click on the cog wheel to find "pre-approved payments".

NOT intuitive!

Login to Me Too

Latham-user
New Community Member

I'd like a solution for the U.S. web site.  It's not set up the same way. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

redshoesgirl
New Community Member

i also can't find a way to cancel a recurring payment. when i click on the account name it goes to a window with the company's details - but no cancel button.

Login to Me Too
Solved

rsv44
Contributor
Contributor

RedShoesGirl,

I just logged in to my account, clicked the cogwheel for settings, and under "Payment Settings" (bottom right) clicked on Pre-approved Payments. When I clicked on the company name to select one of these, the Subscription Details page which opens has at the bottom a section "Subscription Address" and below thta is a Cancel Subscription button.

Login to Me Too

Geedoyle
New Community Member

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Utterly useless navigation. And all the other solutions posted are for a different layout and / or structure?? Would never have found it without your help. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.