Help canceling an old account.

joelliott
New Community Member
I started an account many years ago w the email address I still I use today. Somewhere along the line I lost the password and quite using that account. I recently received a order confirmation from that old PayPal account to my email that was of course not made by me. But I can’t log in to that account to stop the order as I still don’t have the password. I tried to use the new password system on the web site. But I also can’t remember what I used for my birth city. Obviously not where I actually was born because that didn’t work. However I do have my SS# correct. Is there a way to get the account cancelled? I dont intend to use it. I dont even have those credit cards anymore. I just think it’s wrong that some one is making fraudulent purchases under my name for Chinese food. Please advise. Thanks for your time. Joseph
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joelliott

Your best bet is to phone customer services and see if they can access and close it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.