Cancel or adjust Pay After Delivery?

bobbo17
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to adjust, or remove altogether, the Pay After Delivery option.

Because I have no other source of funds apart from my bank account, and no valid credit or debit card to use, I am apparently stuck with PAD, which means that -- given certain conditions I have to meet each month with that lone bank account, which I will not go into here -- I essentially have to limit my purchases to the first, as applicable, 14, 15, 16 or 17 days of any given month, or otherwise budget them to the next month to account for this delay.

If payment could be made from the account in quicker than 14 days, I would not have this problem.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bobbo17
Contributor
Contributor

Had to do some sleuthing, as (1) I'm in the US, not the UK... and (2) the layout of the site is not as you describe.

After logging in and selecting My PayPal, I clicked the aforementioned gear icon, then clicked on PAYMENTS in the bar at top, scrolled down to "You're eligible for Pay After Delivery" and clicked "Learn More" under it, then at the next screen clicked "Pause", which appeared to be the only option available.

Now I'll wait to see if they un-pause it at some future point, or allow me to leave it paused indefinitely.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bobbo17

To change the default way you pay for purchases:

1.Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk.
2.Click the COG SYMBOL 'SETTINGS' near the top right of the page. (spanner thing next to log out).
3.Scroll down to 'Payment Settings'.
4.Click 'Pay after Delivery',
5.Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option off'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

bobbo17
Contributor
Contributor

Had to do some sleuthing, as (1) I'm in the US, not the UK... and (2) the layout of the site is not as you describe.

After logging in and selecting My PayPal, I clicked the aforementioned gear icon, then clicked on PAYMENTS in the bar at top, scrolled down to "You're eligible for Pay After Delivery" and clicked "Learn More" under it, then at the next screen clicked "Pause", which appeared to be the only option available.

Now I'll wait to see if they un-pause it at some future point, or allow me to leave it paused indefinitely.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.