Bluebird And Paypal

kpalmers
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to buy something online with my bluebird but they only accept paypal. I found a question like this but it did not give me the answer. When I add my card it says: This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card. I will call them but I think the paypal community can help me better! All my information is right (E.G: Name, Card #, Address, CVN/CVC) thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you can't link a gift card, prepaid card, or one-time-use card to your PayPal account.  As Bluebird is a prepaid card, it won't work.  I believe the only prepaid cards currently accepted are green dot money packs.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you can't link a gift card, prepaid card, or one-time-use card to your PayPal account.  As Bluebird is a prepaid card, it won't work.  I believe the only prepaid cards currently accepted are green dot money packs.

Login to Me Too

kpalmers
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

LostOnTheLine
Contributor
Contributor

Mine added just fine. It is confirmed & charged me $1.00. But when I go to use the card it says "You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card."

Login to Me Too

Rahnee

I have the same problem. I added my Bluebird card as a funding source and it worked ONCE. I was sent the form email from Paypal telling me it was a violation of my TOS to use a prepaid card as a funding source. Out of curiosity I called Bluebird and asked if they were possibly working on an agreement between PP and BB. They said that BB is 100% accepted by PP. I told them it wasn't and they basically told me I was lying because they have many card holders to fund their PP account with BB. I left a nice and polite message with an Amex supervisor letting them know that PP does not accept BB and I hope some parnership soon. I hope things work out between them! I would love to fund my PP with my BB.

Login to Me Too

EvilMexSonic
New Community Member

Wish I would have seen this first before I just went thru 3 days of PP telling they dont accept BB, and BB saying I can use it with PP and that im an idiot cause I cant figure it out! Soooo Stupid! So when I finally called BB and said look I have PP on the line with me and they are going to inform you DIRECTLY that they do not accept you BB card, BB called both of us liars and clammed up and was of no help.. FAIL!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.