Bank account in another country

Sauchel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I  studied one year in France and I have my bank account in that country. This year I returned to my homecountry (Venezuela) and I opened my paypal here. Now, I want to link my French account to my paypal account but it say that I can only link an U.S. bank account. What I need to do in this case? close my current paypal account? Smiley Frustrated

S.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Sauchel wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your answers! although it's a bit unfortunate not to be able to associate my French account Smiley Sad

I'm not a U.S ex-pat, but the option offered by paypal is the one I mentioned (I don't know why): use an U.S bank account (that I do not have).

Best regards,

S.

if you are an American expatriate,but you are not.

Paypal has all these canned responses.

It is up to you to decipher if it applies to you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sauchel

Paypal is country specific, in some countries you can add a card to withdraw funds and  in some countries you can add a bank account to withdraw funds.

However in some countries you can do neither BUT U.S expats are allowed to add their bank account to other countries paypal accounts as paypal is a U.S company.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.