and also the money that I get

from English to Portuguese
and U.S. dollars for real

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Slk1213
New Community Member

Cancerian719

I have only Chinese when I log in to paypal. I don't read Chinese. I deleted my cache and cookies and active logins and rebooted. I went to paypal.us and it still goes to Chines when I log in. I am now in a panic and ready to delete paypal altogether.

Login to Me Too

lulu_552
New Community Member
I have set English as my preferred and account language. However, every time I checked out on eBay or other website, PayPal still shows chinese as language even the email I sent is in Chinese too. This affected all te devices I used even my friend used his PayPal to check out and everything in chinese. Would you please help me on this? We want all in English! Thanks
Login to Me Too

NoTail
New Community Member

Hello everyone.

I have the same problem.

I want to change Netherlands language to English.

Tried all you suggested, even swiched back to NL and again to EN, but it had no effect.

For how long should I expect this problem to be fixed.

It is really difficult to use this service when languages do not match.

Login to Me Too

NurNur

I am having the same problem trying to switch from Turkish to English, I tried the solutions above but seem effects some pages and not all specially the home page.

Login to Me Too

davidvizi
Contributor
Contributor

/myaccount/home seems to always change to any language other than English even though my language prefferences are all saved/update to English.

If anyone could post an update regarding this issue, I would very much appreciate!

Login to Me Too

VertexFace
New Community Member

I find this problem infuriating as I setup this account in english and now its danish on every other page than the language settings page!! This is a large company with one purpose, get this fixed 😛

Login to Me Too

davidvizi
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe I was too general previously, so here is my case:

I moved to Spain, with work, a few months ago.

Didn't have a PayPal account before so I decided to create one.

For adress/billing purposes, PayPal recommends to use the country you are curently living in, so I did used Paypal.es to create my account.

Thing is, my native language is not Spanish and so I would like to see an option to be able to select the language I would like to have my account set up. Instead, my homepage is in Spanigh, and yes – in my options I have English selected as preffered language but still, my account home page always displays in Spanish.

Is there any fix / will be, or I will have to live with this, even though PayPal is a multi-national company? 

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too

Mxyztplk
Contributor
Contributor

----POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR YOU

I had this issue and it was driving me crazy.  More so since the app on my phone would switch to spanish even though I had my language preferences set for English.  But I finally figured the cause.  

These are the steps that I had to do.

Clear every browser in the computer of its cache, and saved objects.  I mean clear every browser.  So if your computer has Firefox,Internet Explorer, Chrome, whether you used them or not clear the cache.

Then on your computer ensure English is set as primary and then set English (UK).  My issue was since I was bilinigual.  I had spanish as a secondary language and for some reason both the paypal app and the paypal website would select my secondary language as the primary.  So on my iPhone I had to remove all secondary languages and associated keyboards.  The same with my computer.  I had to remove the spanish keyboard on top of removing it from my language preferences. I also had to ensure that every browser was set to English.   Delete the paypal app from your phone. Shut down your phone and do a soft reset.  Then login into the paypal website with an English selected browser, and in system settings ensuring English is the ONLY language listed.  

--After I logged into the paypal website with English language settings I went to Preferences in the PayPal website and reselected English even though it was selected already., Log out of the website and then log back and then log back into PayPal at that point redownload the app to your phone, tablet, and laptop. 

--And for me at that point it was golden!  Everything back to English.  So it seems that the Paypal website remembers your devices and if any one of them have a different language setting then the webiste algorhythms gets crazy.  

-

--Hope this helps others.  But it was frustrating as I had to deal with this for four weeks.  And just selecting English as your preference (at least for me) didnt do bupkiss. 

Login to Me Too

konaboy
New Community Member

Although clearing the browser cache MIGHT help, here is what worked for me without clearing the cache.
(As a computer tech support business owner, I can tell you that browsers don't share cache. But some programs do pick up Internet Explorer's network and security settings.)

First, log into Paypal, and click the GEAR icon at the top right.
In Chrome, you can then right click and click Translate Page to English. so you can read it.
Then scroll down to Account Options (last group on the left)
Click the first EDIT link to the right of Languages.
Click English (or French, Spanish, Chinese)
Refresh the page. or close the window, reopen Paypal and log in.

If that doesn't work go to:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide
Click your country's flag.
Log into Paypal and refresh the page (F5). I had to do this a couple of times before it finally changed for me.

If it works, come back and give me Kudos. If not, I hope you do find an answer. Try Mxyztplk's possible solution above (thanks for your contribution), clearing the cache, and checking your computer's language settings, then try these steps again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.