Debit Mastercard Backup Funding Bank or other sources

Musmatang
New Community Member

This is a help for those having a problem of adding their bank account or other backup funding to their new, recently replaced, or other problematic Paypal Mastercard debit card.

After reading bad advice or no advice from many other spots on the web & 2 phone calls to paypal, I finally got the right answer.  Do NOT try to go to older or "classic" paypal sites to try to fix the problem (bad advice).  Simply go to your Paypal "Wallet" and find out if you have a bad or expired credit or debit "linked" card.  This is an additional protection from Paypal for themselves in case your bank account or other accounts have a problem.  You do NOT have to use this 2ndary card for ANYTHING (backup or other) on paypal.  HOWEVER, it DOES need to be current and linked!  

Once you have a current 2ndary debit or credit card on file, you can then select your bank account or other source for backup funding.

If you do not, it will only give you the options of selecting "NO" backup source, or "APPLY" for paypal credit.  

So, I simply used my original bank's debit card to fill the spot, but chose my actual bank acount as the backup funding source. 

If you are still having problems, give them a call.  If the first person doesn't know the solution, try again...for me it only took 2 calls.
Hope this saves you the time it took me to find the answer!  
--Be BLESSED!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.