Cannot update/change info for PayPal Business Debit card

Westsailor
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to change the PIN on my business Debit Card but I get a

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/debitcardweb?" on this server.

Reference #18.2841f648.1423693869.5ff1581

This occurs for whatever I attempt to select... address, telephone, or backup payment settings.

It's been a while since I've used it but the card has not expired (until 2016). I've tried both new & classic sites with the same result.

I'm leery of adding money to the account without knowing if the card is valid/active.

Anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

winwin07
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issues and somewhat urgently need to change my PIN so if someone could please make an effort to resolve this that would be great. 

Login to Me Too

Westsailor
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke with PayPal customer support. My problem turned out to be because I was out of the country.  Apparently the PayPal website detected this and refused to allow me to change my profile (PIN, etc.). The only solution available to me at the time was to have someone I trusted within the U.S. to log into my PayPal account and change it for me.  I elected to not to do so.

Login to Me Too

winwin07
Contributor
Contributor

A-ha! I'm out of the country as well so that is clearly the issue. 

I imagine other than having someone else change it for you you can just VPN or team view into the states and change it that way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.