Can I open a second PayPal

Ron99
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a personal account for several years, using it for purchases and e-bay sales.

I have just taken over as organiser of a cycling event ( not a business) which accepts entries via PayPal and want to keep payments for this  separate from my own transactions.

Can I open a second account with the e-mail address that will be linked to the event? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ron99

You are allowed x2 paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and x1 is a business account.

You are not supposed to sell on a personal account and if you do then you won't have any seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ron99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks - I hadn't realised that.

I presume I need to upgrade the existing account to a Business one and open a new personal one which will just receive payments from people who enter the cycling event.

Are the charges the same for both types?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ron99

You are charged for transactions but if it is non profit then you can ask your friends to send it via send money > family / friends and if they fund it from their bank account OR funds in their paypal account balance then its free.

BUT you get charged if they fund it via a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.