About to sell tires on kijiji

Pascb77
New Community Member

Hello all,

I selling 4 almost new tires with rims on kijiji for the first time and I want to make sure I don't get scammed.    Below is the email I got from the buyer and I want to cover all my bases since this is the big sale for 1000$.   I want to know if the guy decides to fight this and pretends he never got the tires, what type of proof do I need to win the case?

Hello

i'm buying this item asap and due to the nature of my job
and location...i will not be able to come for inspection, i'm a very
busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your
advertisement and i'm satisfied with it and i i'm ready to pay you
the price  if you are ready to sell this item for me...

As for the payment..i can only pay via PayPal online secure payment..I
insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account
online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal
account, as i  have my bank a/c attached to it

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after
the payment has been made ...so no shipping included and With the
issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of
all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so
you don't have to worry about that.

You can now send me your PayPal email like this below so i can pay
inright away and also include your address in your reply.

PayPal Email Address
Full Name
All Total Cost
Contact Mobile Number
City
If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on
to www.paypal.com and sign up its very easy...

once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment and then i
will contact  my shipping company after you get the payment. I will
need your home address for the item to be
Picked Up by the Shipping Company..

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Tamjam37

Scammers normally give you some **bleep** and bull story about how they are out of state.working away/ its for my nephew etc so cant view the item

They insist on paying by ppal which could be a hijacked account resulting in a chargeback and you losing your item also

They insist on paying by ppal offer you over the odds in payment, then ask you to make a western union payment first

They tell you to ship the item and send tracking info then your money will be released

They ask for your email address  then send you fake emails supposedly from ppal and send threats

They ask for your phone number and address so they can bombard you and harrass you/scare you

When selling an item that needs collecting NEVER accept a ppal payment strictly cash on collection only

If they are going to send a courier tell them to send the cash with the courier

No one in their right mind is going to buy tyres/vehicles/laptops etc from a stranger without seeing it or testing it first

To receive a ppal payment you can send an invoice from your account  or some people just give them their ppal email address nothing more is needed

When you receive a ppal payment you will receive a confirmation email from ppal and you will see the payment in your account

Always log in to your account via the official site

Genuine ppal emails always:

Address you as Dear Full Name

Never ask you to click on links/downloads

Never ask for personal/sensitive info

Read up on sellers protection on ppal site

Login to Me Too

Tamjam37
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for you're help I have been doing a lot of reading up on the selling buying protection etc, I'm starting to get the hang of it I did change my email address on PayPal since the scammer also I never gave out any of my banking info, I did however give him my 1st and last name, cell number and the province/country I live in ..Im hoping that wasnt too much information there! I learned a lot from this and will b much more cautious in the future!! It's terrible ppl can be so devious, manipulating, dishonest and unkind it has taught me a lesson and I will be more observant next time and investigate them before I reveal any info thank u for taking the time to educate me I really do appreciate it!!
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Welcome stay safeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.