scam alert!!

Maxmer17
Contributor
Contributor

Few days ago I received a Paypal email titled "Unusual activity on your PayPal account" and said my account is limited. 

a1.jpg

It looks legit. So I went on log in to my account but see nothing is wrong. However, the limited account can be a concern.

So later I clicked on "log in" that led to a page with "Resolution Center" that seem to be legit as well.a2.jpg

Clicked on the "Resolution Center" led to a page that I have to fill up information.

a3.jpg

This is an identity theft at work. It contains important information to open an bank account, to borrow a loan, etc.It can cause great financial loss and damage to your credits. So I wish to post this alert to PayPal and it's members to look out and be aware for such activity. 

Lastly, I really think PayPal should establish a Contact point where suspicious documents can be verified quickly. As we can see the above documents look pretty legitimate in appearance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maxmer17

If you used the ''log in'' option IN the email you received then you have just given away your log in details to a scammer so i suggest you change your password and security details as soon as possible.

Paypal would never ask you to log in via a link in an email and they would address you by your full name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maxmer17
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I've changed everything right after. And got locked out of PayPal.

I also should add that the log in page the scammer provided has the identical appearance as our regular log in page,so there's no way to distinguish the difference(he has been around). In other words,be very careful to where you place your click. Watch,think before you do.

paypal login.jpg 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.