posting to Russia

Vilow
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from a Russian seller on a high end second hand clothing website ( which he is Now banned because of his fraudulent activities) . I filed a dispute claim on PayPal and unfortunately, they decided that I would need to first return the item by post with tracking at my own cost and upon confirmation of receipt then,  PayPal would refund me the money paid. I will incur at least AUD $50 postage returning the item ( which turned out be a fake) to the seller who resides in Russia. I am pretty confident that tracking will cease after the item leaves Australian borders. I have heard that the Russian post system is unreliable. Worst still, the return address provided by PayPal  is in Russian and looks incomplete ( after Google translation). So what should I do ? insuring the item to its full value ( of my initial payment) would only trigger the interest of the customs officials....What is the best measure to ensure delivery in order that I get my refund from PayPal? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is USA forum,we are not familiar with Australia postal system,you are better off asking your fellow citizens/

YeS,TRACKINg must show it has been delivered to his address,Russian customs could slap a duty,postman could steal,but thats the risk you have to take.

this is  a lesson for buying from foreign sellers,know your consequence.when it doe snot pan out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.