eGlobaL Digital Cameras Ripped Off?

brendanjohnsmit
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a camera online from eGlobaL Digital Cameras using PayPal. The payment has cleared in Paypal and now the company has sent me an email saying the following

"In order to ensure the order is genuine, we would conduct a PHONE VERIFICATION by calling you on a landline number you have provided at your order to confirm certain information of your order. It would be appreciate if you could advise your availability to do the confirmation.

In the event that you are not able to complete the confirmation via phone call to your landline number, you may provide below document(s) to us to verify your order:

Identification Document
Copy of valid Driving License/Travel Documents or equivalent identification document

OR

Credit Card Proof
Copy of Debit/Credit Card*
(*Please be advised to only send us a copy that indicates your Full name, expiry date and leaving the first and last 4 digits of your bank/debit/credit card number before sending us the scanned copy)"

This seems unusual for them to verfiy me given that I have paid them - is this usual for these types of purchases, a stalling tactic becasue the item is out of stcok or am I getting ripped off?

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

where are they?

How long have they been in business?

It sounds like this is how they want to protect themselves from scammer,not everyone has a landline in US,they could be a foreign based site.

why dont you google and see if anyone has comments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.