Shady dealings

mmcamp
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from the seller on Nov. 30. By Dec. 14 I had not gotten it. I emailed the seller. No response. I emailed again. No response. I contacted through Paypal. Seller offered an excuse and gave me the option of a refund or mailing the item now. I responded within an hour saying I wanted the refund. No response. Followed up a day later. No response. I escalated to PayPal resolution. Then, the item shows up in my mailbox the next week, postmarked the day after I escalated to Resolution. I do not want this item, I want the refund that was promised to me. It is obvious that this seller panicked when I escalated and mailed it out. 

Timeline-

Nov. 30- Ordered

Dec.16- Emailed through Paypal

Dec. 18- Seller responded offering refund or shipping

Dec. 18- I accepted refund

Dec. 19- I asked for a response

Dec. 21- Escalated to Paypal.

Dec. 27- Package arrives postmarked Dec. 22

Seller was supposed to respond to PayPal by Dec. 31. As of now, it is still awaiting seller response. No big surprise there.

Am I out of luck on the refund? They gave me the option and I took it. It is all documented in Paypal chat.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mmcamp

If the seller can provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you then they would win an item not received dispute most likely.

If they can't you would, and you could then ask the seller for postage costs to return the item back to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mmcamp
Contributor
Contributor
There is a tracking number and they can prove it came here....but they didn't send it until after they admitted they didn't send it, offered me a refund, and I accepted. That's why this is stranger than a simple item not received case.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mmcamp

A seller has up until a dispute / claim has closed to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you..........they have done so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.