SELLERS BEWARE: PAYPAL WILL NOT PROTECT YOU

ericsmith1996
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling on paypal for 4 years. Last June I sold a product to a customer whos credit card company claimed was invalid. After speaking with the customer (and taking screenshots) he confirmed that the payment was genuine. I had sent him the product with NO return. Now Paypal stated that I owed them 85 dollars with NO documentation that I would get the product back. Paypal asked for my responce and I responded in text and was attaching the images. After clicking submit I was NOT permitted to attach any additional documention (my screenshots). I called paypal 10 times, with each time being redirected and being on hold from 45 min-1.5 hours. Customer service is worse than Comcast! After finally speaking with a representitive I was told I would get an update in a few days with my case. I never received an update. I continued to call paypal with no sucsess or direction where I could sent my documentation to. I was then sent to a collection agency. After I would communicate that I would be disputing the case, a new collection agency would take the case. I have been sent to multiple collecgtion agencies and when I call paypal I am told they are uninvolved with the case. I have tried time and time again to get a hold of them and have spent at LEAST 7 ENTIRE lunch breaks being on hold. I will NEVER use paypal again and want to tell every seller that they will not protect you. ALL that I want is for someone to look at my case as I have tried for MONTHS. I WILL NOT pay this balance until I am returned the product in the condition it was sent. I am EXTREMELY dissapointed in a company I have worked with for years. SELLERS BEWARE!!! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If I understand what you are telling us,the customer filed unauthorised transaction meaning it aint him who made the payment with his credit card issuer.

This is a chargeback which hits Paypal and it in turn took the money from yoU.

REVIEW PAYPAL seller protection on unauthorised transaction-

first the item must be eligible for seller protection

second,you must prove you haev shipped,not necessarily delivered.

if both conditions are met,you are protected and Paypal eats the loss.

Login to Me Too

ericsmith1996
Contributor
Contributor

That is exactly what happened. Everytime I call Paypal they send me on a chain of redirect calls from 45min-1.5 hours. I work full time and go to school and cannot be on hold for HOURS. Paypal does not value my buisness as I have not found a SINGLE person who has helped for the past THREE months. After calling MANY times I could not find a single person I could send my documentation to. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

SINCE This is a chargeback,his cc issuer decided,and you lose.

But the owner of the cc will not be asked to return the item,since he never authorise the transaction,. he has nothing to return.

but Paypal should protect you for unauthorised transaction,try appealing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.