Reporting a fraudulent "charity" account!?!

Skylaire
New Community Member

Hi, I volunteer in dog rescue in Los Angeles. There is an account - https://www.paypal.me/UrgentDogsofLA - run by a scammer, who is lying about dogs and getting tons of donations. The legit rescue group posts over and over on FB, social media that he is a scammer, yet he is still collecting money from naive people around the country. He is an "actor" Jonny <removed> - yet uses - I guess - his real name, on this account. He has done this in multiple states - we are finding we can report him to the FBI, and various agencies, but this account needs to be shut down ASAP. HELP! He has scammed people so thoroughly on FB that posting screenshots of warnings about him do not seem to help. He was sitting in a cage today livestreaming allegedly on behalf of a dog he has never met - claiming she is DYING! When the truth is she is in a shelter being treated for repiratory issues and has two potential adopters lined up. This makes my blood boil! He has even taken tons of money, and gotten a few dogs, dying of cancer, taken some self-serving photos with them, and then re-dumped them in other shelters. Please help! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.