Quicken

dzisow
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a long time Quicken user.  I have been able to download PayPal transactions into Quicken using "one step update" feature in Quicken until recently.  Now Quicken gives me a message telling me that something is wrong with the PayPal site that won't allow the download to happen.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  This started when PayPal changed its web site recently.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

cybrduck
New Community Member

I reset all my security settings on the PayPal site and then updated my password in One Step Update in Quicken. Worked like a charm.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

NormS1
Contributor
Contributor

I have looked all over  the PayPal website in an effort to email them but they do not have a topic that fits this problem

Login to Me Too

hankbates
Contributor
Contributor

I am suddenly having the same problem.  I had seen a post on another website where recently someone fixed this by upgrading his premier account to a business account.

I can't even find anywhere on the paypal site which tells me what kind of account I have, but I do see an option to do the above upgrade.

Is there a downside to having a business account if your account is a premier?

Login to Me Too

Bookworm3
New Community Member

I have also started having the exact same problem a week ago.  

Something is broken on the Quicken site.   It specifies that it's a Quicken server issue.   But again, support from Quicken is nonegistant

Login to Me Too

hankbates
Contributor
Contributor
As usual, I only have the problem with paypal.
Why is always only paypal?
Login to Me Too

aloft
Contributor
Contributor
Yup. It's PayPal again and again. Error code cc-508. Quicken says there login to the PayPal site and answer some screen. But there is no screen.
Login to Me Too
Solved

cybrduck
New Community Member

I reset all my security settings on the PayPal site and then updated my password in One Step Update in Quicken. Worked like a charm.

Login to Me Too

dzisow
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I changed only my PayPal password at the PayPal site and then in my Quicken password vault.  I was then prompted to edit from the Quicken accounts list that required me to "reset" the online connection from Quicken to PayPal.  Once reset, the data downloaded with one step update.  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

hankbates
Contributor
Contributor

Did NOT work for me, but now I have the cc-508 error.

Just wasting my time with this.

Paypal, please fix this!!!!

Login to Me Too

hankbates
Contributor
Contributor

Tried a few more times, getting a different cc-number each time.  cc-501, cc-508, cc-503, etc.

Still downloading with no problem from ALL my other accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.