PayPal **bleep** up and disputed the wrong charge now won't compensate or help me with resolution

mccrillis2
Contributor
Contributor

In December of 2016 I disputed a charge of $100 made to PNC Bank, which was something I cancelled before it was to be submitted.  PayPal immediately gave me a credit of $100.  2 days later, my Directv was shut off because they said I disputed the payment I made the same day as the PNC charge.  I immediately calle PayPal and was told that "wasn't possible".  To make a very long story short, after going through the holidays (with 3 teenagers home on school break AND relatives visiting) and several phone calls made to both Directv and PayPal to find out where the money went I paid to Directv, I HAD TO dispute the charge.   At that time, PayPal told me I had already disputed that charge....I explained that no, it was to PNC blah, blah, blah.  FINALLY, after 3 months of no tv, PayPal "sent the money" to Directv.   I then had to travel 30 miles to the closest Western Union office to pay the additional "reconnect" fee.    At NO time has PayPal tried to make this right.  At no time have they reimbursed me for going through 3 months of being harassed by Directv for non-payment and disputing a charge that I never disputed.              Just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing  and / or anyone else had any luck getting them to admit their mistake.   I am afraid to go back to selling on ebay for fear they'll **bleep** that up, too.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.