My Account limited

larrydg
Contributor
Contributor

I am using PayPal since 2012 without problem and now recently PayPal permannet limited my Account without solid reason and seems PayPal confused about this limited as when I receive email about account limit there is reason 

We recently noticed an issue with your account.

What's the problem?

Since this is a new account, we'd like some additional information to help
confirm your identity.

But when I open PayPal there is not asking any documents and only message cannot offer PayPal service anymore and it cannot appeal. After 3 day I received another email from PayPal with following message

Our records indicate you may be living in a country different to the one you signed up with on your PayPal account. If this is the case, you need to close your existing PayPal account and then open a new PayPal account in the country where you are now living.

Before you close your account, you need to:

· Remove all financial information such as bank accounts or credit card details from that PayPal account.
     · Make sure your PayPal balance is zero.

If you need to open a dispute on a recent payment, you should wait until the dispute is resolved before closing your account.

Your PayPal account has been restored to full access in order for you to make the change.

And when I login to account it still limit. Not know what kind of practice PayPal Account Review team doing with my account. All my online work stop and money also freeze in account. I also email to PayPal but got reply totally out of topic. Call to PayPal also not helpful. What to do now?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like the work of their security robot roaming the site looking for suspicious accounts.

Did you move away from the country where you registered your Paypal account?

you need to call during the day and speak to a live person. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

years ago,Paypal did not ask for much information to open an account,now they want more,if USA account,they want your SS number,a valid address,not post office box.

Login to Me Too

larrydg
Contributor
Contributor

I not move to other country but I use VPN for some other online work and sometime I forgot to switch off VPN when login to my PayPal account but it happen many time since more than year and yet not issue as verify with SMS pin or PayPal mobile app. This time seems like security robot malfunction as I not use VPN since month but still they limit my account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.