Legal questions about fake CE logo and shipping

TtheCreator
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've just been scammed with a fake product.
Naturally I'm looking at starting a PayPal claim for which I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back.
This fake product also happens to contain a fake CE logo so I'm pretty sure it was illegal to import anyways. Even though I don't want to have to send the product back(due to the hefty shipping cost of course), I guess my chances of having to are pretty big (putting the fake CE logo aside). My question is then, is it even legal for me to send such a product that lacks certification? I've googled but I'm having trouble finding the answer.

If I use this in my claim 3 things could happen:
-I still have to send it back and cover the cost myself;
-I don't have to return it and dispose it in a safe manner;
-I'll have to hand the product over to local authorities, as also stated somewhere in some PayPal document I remember. (Does anyone know what that would mean for me? Is it something that has any kind of risk to me)

Then last but not least: when requesting a refund for a significantly different product, am I pretty much guaranteed to have to send it back? What's the policy on that? I mean it can't be all cases, right? Let's say I order something and I receive a plain rock then I couldn't imagine having to send that back.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've now reposted this, as my old one has disappeared into abyss after editing it to correct some mistakes I made in it. Even using my browser history or account page I cannot access it. If I did something wrong or someone can clarify this issue, please let me know. I don't mean to spam.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

since most items not as described cases are tackled by robot,it will ask you to return the item with tracking.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have paid with a credit card,skip Paypal and file with cc issuer,but you may have to get a letter proving it is countefeit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.