I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED NON-PAYING PHISHING EMAIL FAKE PAYPAL CONSULTANT

DanZH
Contributor
Contributor

i was selling an item on ebay and then i got an email from "elizabeth <removed>" saying that she was interested, she wanted to pay via paypal so i gave her my paypal email to send the money, then i received this email :

<removed> <removed>
a: "myemail"
ccn: "myemail"

you've received an instant paypal payment from elizabeth <removed> (transaction id-kmm69870892v1725l0km)

hello "my google account name",

you received a payment of £165.00 gbp from elizabeth <removed> 

we have placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction.

in order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. we advice you go to and ship out the merchandise now and get back to us with the shipment proof such as the shipment tracking number or shipment scan receipt for verification.

note: this is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

below is the shipping address where you will get the merchandise shipped too:

shipping address:  

name         : fijabi <removed>

address     : <removed>

post code  : 00100

city            :  nairobi  

state         : nairobi

country     : kenya

address status: confirmed

your account will be credited accordingly upon the shipment receipt of details requested. should either be sent in jpg format or sent typed in details.
questions? e-mail us in a reply of the message
please reply to this email. this mailbox is monitored and you will receive a response.
to receive email notifications in plain text instead of html, log in to your paypal account, go to your profile, and click notifications.
yours sincerely, paypal

i surfed on the internet and damn i've been scammed

what should i do? what will happen to my account? can she steal my credential?

need quick answer

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanZH

Yep typical scam that has been ongoing for years.

That is why if someone offers you an 'off-Ebay' deal apart from being against Ebay rules the reason they do that is because they can't use Ebay checkout as they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Paypal never address you with your email i.d. they always use your first and last names.

Why would your account be at risk if all you gave her was your paypal email address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DanZH
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe she can find out the password

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanZH

In that case you wouldn't give your email address to ANYONE would you?

Secondly if you are worried change your password to a strong one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.