Heartbleed

BambooSpiritMA
New Community Member

I'm stunned that there has been no announcement from Paypal as to whether they have addressed the Heartbleed issue. Have they?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

thepapertrail
New Community Member

I agree, I just launched my website a week ago, I need some kind of statement from paypal about this problem, for my own confidence going in and to stop the customer panic that is happening. PAYPAL what are you doing to protect us and our customers?

Login to Me Too

redneon3
Contributor
Contributor

Most sites that have implemented the security patch for heartbleed have posted this info on their home pages so customers know they are secure.  Since PayPal hasn't posted any updated info, you should assume that they have yet installed the patch. Once they do, change your passwords

Login to Me Too

Ashley_ottawa
New Community Member

It is critical that Paypal release a statement on security in light of the heartbleed bug. We are a charity and we use paypal to process donations & monthly giving and our donors are calling us asking about security. We just lost a donor because of this because we could not comment on the status of paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Pixelgrower
Contributor
Contributor

I recommend PayPal to many of my customers. I DO WANT A STATEMENT ON THIS TOPIC!

Please, PayPal...

Login to Me Too

Pixelgrower
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that informative link!

Gil

Login to Me Too

earflap
New Community Member

PayPal should post their Heartbleed message on their home page instead of hiding it in the depths of the forums?

Login to Me Too

XRGAR

It is very curious how ambiguos the statement by James Barrese is.  At no point does he state clearly "We do not use OpenSSL", it sounds like an attempt to pacify the nervous users without a clear statement.

Login to Me Too

Jostyn
Contributor
Contributor

agree it's very flakey - no real commitment and no mention of customers who are not PayPal customers but on sites such as ours that use PayPal as the payment gateway. I'm being asked and all I can say is that PayPal passes the heartblled test but I'm uneasy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.