Ebay item sold as "local pickup only" Buyer now wants free shipping

willowcreekfarm
Contributor
Contributor

I posted an item on Ebay and it is a large furniture piece, so I posted it as local pickup only. That is on the listing itself and also in my description that buyer would have to arrange to pick the piece up at my location or contact me if they are within a 50 mile distance for possible delivery with an additional delivery fee.

Buyer won the item, and paid via Paypal, so I sent her a notice congratulating her win and asking where she is located so we could arrange pickup. Buyer responded that she wants the item shipped for free. I reiterated that she needs to pick the item up as stated in the listing. She insists that I ship for free, and then stated she would cancel her credit card payment. I'm going to ask that she cancel the sale so I don't get hit with Ebay fees, but I'm wondering if there is really anything to be done about buyers like this. I'm sure Paypal and Ebay will side with the buyer, since there seems to be no seller protecttions at all ( we can't even leave negative feedback on Ebay for a buyer anymore ) . Is there any way of a seller protecting themselves with these flakey, phoney buyers?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I think you can now report the buyer to eBay, do that and say that she refuses to act according to the terms she accepted when placing bid. eBay should do the right thing and get you out of trouble. I think there are some minimal things you can, there is option to block bids from buyers who have had unpaid item cases and who have negative feefback (of course this is ridiculous since you can't give negative feedback to buyers, but that's there as an option).
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can open a case saying you and buyer cannot agree on the terms,or call Ebay and tell them to cancel the sales and refund your fee.

your buyer is trying to scam you, how do you intend to prove delivery with online viewable tracking showing it has been delivered,local Joe the delivery man does not provide tracking number or a site where it can be verified.

you should not post your Paypal email ID inyour listing if you have no intention of accepting paypal payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.