Continous unfavourable decisions against me by paypal

node101
New Community Member

2 months ago, I made a listing on upwork.com and one of the users scammed me by sending a phising payment link which ended up my paying another email instead of upwork's email id. I reported this to upwork and paypal and upwork banned the user. Paypal investigated my claim and gave the decision in favour of the person who scammed me caliming its a intangible goods and no BUYER PROTECTION.

On Dec 4th, i got a order for CPU intensive cloud  and the person used the server for cryptocurrency mining and quote was close to $5000 (my cost price was about$4250 and I am reseller). The customer paid, used the cloud and then disputed saying unauthroized transaction. This time, the only option to resolve the claim was to provide refund or provide tracking number. I sent 4 emails to paypal saying that its for a service. In the end paypal made the decision favourable to the buyer saying that its service and I don't have SELLER PROTECTION. I lost over $4,000 because of this.

On the same account how can paypal reject a claim made by me and helping some scammer get away with money and in the same account deny my payment and again helping a scammer get away???

I don't think paypal is the right payment gateway for hosting providers like me. Thats why large providers like AWS stay away from paypal.

I want to make a legal complaint about this december 4th transaction. How do i get hold of someone in paypal who isn't a BOT to give me complete details about the IP from which the account was logged in (as the person claimed it was a unauthorized transaction). What details was used by paypal to give the decision in favour of the scammer? etc. All emails i sent to paypal is either replied by a BOT or someone just copy pastes the same irrelveant canned reply.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nguyen72
Contributor
Contributor

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

go and review Paypal seller protection on unauthorised transaction and selling services and digital products.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

for the second case,to get seller protection for unauthorised transaction,youe must prove you has shipped ,not necessarily delivered ,the goods.

but you are not selling goods,you are selling servics and you have no proof you have shipped,so you lose.

there are many scammers who know how to scam,so know what you are doing,else you will keep losing and losing and lose your shirt on your back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.