2011 Lincoln MKS for sale

Beau51
New Community Member

Hello, I posted my 2011 Lincoln MKS for sale and someone flagged my account ? Why would someone do such a thing ? When I re-posted it I was contacted by two seperate people. A lady by the name if Jenifer from Utah claiming she wanted to purchase my car as a gift for her son. I ask her to call me , of course she did not. The other person claimed he was in the military and he was not able to personally contact me because of his job security. Claiming he had a friend who would pick the car up. They both ask me for my e-mail address and location of my vehicle. Of course I didn't give it to them. But I tried to go into Sandbox and was unable to. I also tried to look both phone numbers up but they were not listed. So how do I know if it's a bogus e-mail ? phone number <removed> and the other who claims her name is Jessica <removed>  how can I tell in the future if someone is legit or not ?

Also if someone says theyre going to put money into my account, how can they scam me ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

old tricks,being in the military and buying for  her son.

There is no seller protection for autos,it is all cash and carry.

go to ebay seller forum/auto and other vehicles and ask .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

asking for your Paypal email add and your name-

they are not interested in your auto,it goes like this,

send you a fake PAYPAL email with hello your name and said PAYPAL has your money  of car plus fright of xxx on hold until you troop to this site and pay for freight of $xxx.

since they have paid you xxx for freight,so why not just troop to that site and pay xxx,right?

thats how they get your $xxx.

pAYPAL will never hold your money for freight .

read paypal seller protection,there is none for vehicles.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.