Question about PayPal Claim as not described

Perrdea
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer of mine has opened a claim for item not as described. This is not the case. In fact he wants a $15 refund because I shipped an item to him for $15 less than the actual cost he paid for shipping. He is an international buyer. The $15 difference is due to ebays postal service discount that seller's receive. His cost approximately $48 for international priority s/h. On the customs form the total paid for shipping is documented. He feels I am stealing his money because what he paid for shipping is not the cost of actual shipping. I have tried to explain to him that I do not pass on my ebay shipping discount to the buyers. Here is an excerpt of the email I sent him. The question is should I bother going through the process or just give him the $15. It is most likely not worth my time, but also once he gets the money back from me, he may do this on all of his international purchases. Any advice would be appreciated. Also will he be able to get a shipping refund by claiming item not as described through this resolution process or will PayPal find this as not a valid request. Thanks in advance. By the way I am on ebay since 2001 without any problems like this.

Dear +++

Hello. "...... Please understand that I am entitled to a commercial discount through ebay shipping based on my volume of sales. This is a discount or reward I received for working/selling in volume. This is not a buyers discount for you buying one item from me.

Here is the cut and paste quote on the ebay sellers postage service page"....Commercial Plus pricing is available to all eBay Top-rated sellers and sellers with an average of 2,500 or more transactions per month, when you pay for postage and print shipping labels using eBay Labels. Special Commercial Plus pricing discounts are also available to Gold and Silver PowerSellers with an average of 300 transactions per month."

Also after explaining all the costs including commissions, actual shipping, cost of the item "..... I am willing to refund a total of $6.95 which splits my entire profit with you. If this is acceptable to you in order to end this transaction amicably let me know and I will promptly do so....

Sincerely, xxxx

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You know what? Personally i don't think i would refund him, he paid the price for the item and the shipping quote provided.

IF and only if paypal find in his favour the buyer normally has to send the item back AT HIS OWN EXPENSE trackable before getting a refund.

Paypal cannot force you to give a part refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.