Product not as described. Error or intentional, big sum of money at stake

paucineuronal
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a set of wheels from someone in Germany. I saw them on ebay and I bought it outside ebay because my country was not specified there for shipping. We exchanged about 40 emails through ebay's servers regarding the shipment, condition of them, payment.

The title of the ebay ad was "4x Original VW Vision Felgen 18 Zoll Neu" (you can google and you will find the expired ad). What I received was 7x17inch ET54, so a different dimension in every way from the 8x18 ET50. Of course the price was according to a bigger wheel, not the ones shipped. 

I've open a dispute here right away, like about an hour ago and I'm thinking to escalate to a paypal claim. He claims the wheels are good and denied my initial idea of refund or some compensation.

Already I see he escalated it to a paypal claim.

What should I expect next? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If paypal find in your favour as they may well do then once you have shipped the item back to the seller trackable to prove delivery back to them then you should get a refund of the original payment.

You just have to wait for paypal to hopefully find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paucineuronal
Contributor
Contributor

I have attached the TUV certification which arrived with the wheels, inside the package that is accurate and says 7x17, not 8x18.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/eijwqe.jpg

I can't seem to attach more files in the paypal claim. How can I attach multiple documents?

Such as a picture with the wheel shipped and latter a statement from a 3rd person that notes the differences.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure you need to. paypal will ask for more info if they need it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paucineuronal
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply.

Paypal requested this:

"In order to continue with our investigation, we need documentation

supporting your claim that the item is damaged or significantly not as
described. Please obtain a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from
an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair shop, appraiser, or
another individual or organization that is qualified in the area of the
item in question (other than you).

This document should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how
the item received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do
not proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will
limit our ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the
cancellation of your dispute."

Think that certification is enough? I could manage to scan and put into a pdf the 2nd page with other specifications and a signature. Sadly it's in german, is that a problem?

I guess it would be better for a specialized 3rd party to make a document explaining 7x17et54 is completely different from 8x18et50. Could I cancel the previous submitted evidence?

The more evidence the better.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.