Pending Payment HOLD

rhundt67
New Community Member

Buyer bought two collectable military action figures - in box, unopened.  I combined shipping but mistakenly took payment for individual shipping, which I apoligized for (new to selling on ebay) and offered refund on second shipping costs.  Buyer then claimed items were damaged and not as described.  In the ebay dispute I said I would issue a full refund including the additional return shipping once I received the items.  I did not receive them and emailed buyer who refuses to send them back and refuses to pay the shipping "which was my error."  Reminded him that I'd refund in full plus the additional shipping once I received the items.  To which he responded, "no thanks, keep your money, won't be doing business with you anymore."  FINE, but go to Paypal and the buyer put a hold on the payment so not only do I not get the money for the items, he now has the items that he can turn around and sell for profit!  Also, if he releases the funds, does my refund though Paypal automatically happen now?  I don't have the items, I'm no longer refunding especially since he told me to "just keep my money."  Suggestions?????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rhundt67
New Community Member

BTW...I have all screenshots of the discussions and messages!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the payment is on hold then paypal are holding it not the buyer.

When a dispute is opened the funds are held, if he does not close the dispute then it will time out at 20 days and your funds released.

If he has escalated it to a claim then post back for differing advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.