Need quick advice? Should I ship to a Zero feedback buyer or cancel?

jo12345
Contributor
Contributor

Someone bought some shoes from me on eBay.

He has ZERO feedback & created his account the day he made the purchase!
I googled his shipping address & a few hits showed up on craigslist under their moving away garage sales. The actual Craigslist page has been deleted, but the search results from Google, shows that address under the moving sale section.

Is there anyway for me to  protect myself100% from a buyer scammer?

Can I added signature confirmation or any other mail/paypal insurance so that if he does a chargeback or claims he did not receive the item, I will be safe from his claims?

I can take pictures of the package & what's inside of it & the mailing label etc... will any of that help?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What you are saying is that there should be 0 buyers on ebay because if every seller cancelled bids on every new bidder there would never be anyone that got more than 0 feedback??

Why don't you read up on seller protection and read the reducing risks tips on ebay for sellers?

Someone with lots of feedback can scam you just as easily as a 0 feedback buyer.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jo12345
Contributor
Contributor

True, but I sold Air Jordan shoes & those are very high on scammers list. Plus the problem with his address being shown that it was moved out of recently on google search. I'm thinking my item can be shipped to a vacant home & the scammer will pick it up at his convenience & do a charge back or claim he did not receive the item etc... and he will be scot-free. Will paypal protect me if that happens or will they deduce the funds from me?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As I said you need to read up on seller protection so you can risk assess your transaction. 

Go to help top right > seller protection. 

As it's a high value item then I understand your concern does seem odd for a new buyer to go straight for a pricy item. 

Remember in the event of an item not received dispute you have to send trackable to the buyers PayPal registered address. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jo12345
Contributor
Contributor

I searched the name of the buyer & city they were in & I found an obituary of an elderly women who passed away 2 months ago.
Matches up with the moving sale that address had on searches as well.

I also sent 4 emails to the buyer & did not get any responses.

Cancelled that transaction as fast as I could.

Say I did went through with it, what would happen if it was found out the purchase was made with a stolen credit card?

Would Paypal yank the funds from me or would they credit me the funds via their seller protection?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Say I did went through with it, what would happen if it was found out the purchase was made with a stolen credit card?

Would Paypal yank the funds from me or would they credit me the funds via their seller protection?

ONLY if you met ALL the criteria of seller protection which i keep advising you to read.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jo12345
Contributor
Contributor

What I read was for verified address inside the U.S., proof of delivery and/or including signature confirmation.

That doesn't match up with what some of the other archived comments I read on the Paypal community forum.People said Paypal did not honor the Seller Protection & that it was full of loopholes that they would use to not reimburse you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.