Buyee Damaged In Transit Compensation Issues

erenkemp
Hello, First time posting here and I sincerely hope someone can help me. Back on September 29th I had an item delivered damaged. I purchased on 4th September through Buyee, a third party auction site. Immediately I telephoned my postal service (Royal Mail) as well as contacting buyee through their support service email. Photos were taken of the damage and sent to both parties. After a bit of hoo-ha over who was responsible for making claims and what not Buyee told me they would take it up with Japan Post (I was also advised it was up to them to do so) and told to wait. And wait. And wait. And wait I did, with regular emails asking for any information and updates, until a few days ago. Finally Royal Mail advised me to go through PayPal or my credit card as apparently I should have been refunded while the seller makes back the money from the postal service. I emailed buyee and informed them this was the action I was going to take. As by now I was just within the 180 day limit I opened a dispute on the 13th. Today on 15th buyee responded to my previous email saying (miraculously) they were now waiting on the documents from Japan Post for the compensation. My question now is do I respond to their email, or do I wait for them to respond to my dispute? The parcel was well packed and labelled fragile. It's been stomped on we think, or dropped from a pretty hefty height. But it cost a lot of money to turn up damaged, and it was sent tracked. I'm not giving up on seeing a return on my money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I honestly suspect buyee are stalling me until my protection runs out with the promise of doing something,especially since the next email after I say I will take action they have a response from Japan Post. Ah. Sorry it is so long. Please... sincerely I appreciate any advice.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.