Switching to PayPay Extra Mastercard from PayPal Connect lowered my credit score

catphil54
New Community Member

When PayPal Smart Connect changed to PayPal Extras Mastercard I lost 9+ years of payment history which has dropped my credit score. 😞 . Any solutions please ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

hoodun
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me years ago and I am still feeling the effects today. I was relying on that credit history to keep my credit score up. I am sooo **bleep** paypal has done this to me, but not surprised. I have been burned MANY times by paypal in the past. The frustrating part of upgrading is that I declined upgrading in the past because I read the fine print about it closing out my old card. However, paypal was too persistent with it and when I received a call it was worded different and I excepted the upgrade. Right when I got off the phone I realized what I just did. My advise to you at this point is to cancel your paypal card. You have no choice. The short credit history will make things worse, ON TOP of losing the 9 year history. Paypal sucks. Period. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.