Problem with adding a bank account

debutant
New Community Member

I registered the paypal account in my husband's name (don't even remember why at this point), and linked the account to my business checking, which doesn't have his name on it. Now I'm being told I am not eligible for a Paypal Here reader, but Paypal won't tell me why. When I tried to call to resolve the issue, they said they couldn't speak to me because I am not the account holder (that would be my husband, and he's not here.) I have a payment from a client pending on hold, and wonder if they're even going to approve it. I don't know what to do. I can't even close the account and start over, because of the pending payment.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as far as Paypal can see,someone has linked another person bank account to his Paypal account.one can only link his own bank account,the name on both accounts must match exactly.

Paypal  would not  talk to you as you are not the account holder.

Login to Me Too

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
Cancel your pending payment. Open an account in your name. Redo the payment on your new account. Or conversely have your husband call PayPal and authorize you as a permanent authorized user or representative if they allow that or just have him call remotely, say this is so-and-so and I'm giving my wife permission to talk on my behalf about my account and she'll be joining us shortly then have him three way call you. Problem solved for the short term. Cuz then all three can talk at once. But long term, create a new account in your name with your own bank. Or if you really want open an joint bank account not a MR X AND MRS X account but an account that allows for withdrawals from either and both Mr X OR Mrs X. Then use that account to set up a mutually independent PayPal account . But don't do a joint account at a bank that requires both parties aka an "AND" JOINT account. Or just get your own bank account altogether and set up a personal PayPal for yourself. That's what I say. More control- unless you rely entirely on your spouse for financial support. Just some ideas. Hope they help. Last ditch idea, if you know your husband's birthday and login and password and social security, you can try doing the authentication as him but then say he had to run out and that you're his wife and had some questions and needed help. But the other options are much better and more ethical. LOL.. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.
Login to Me Too

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to mention but simply put you're not eligible for PayPal Here reader because you aren't a PayPal member obviously. Create a PayPal account for yourself first and foremost and then go about trying to get a PayPal Here reader after you've added a bank account of your own . That's my advice.
Login to Me Too

SeanTankGarvey
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to mention but simply put you're not eligible for PayPal Here reader because you aren't a PayPal member obviously. Create a PayPal account for yourself first and foremost and then go about trying to get a PayPal Here reader after you've added a bank account of your own . That's my advice.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

dont waste your time on 3 way call.

open an account in your name and link a different bank account and a credit card.

or find another payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.