Paypal working Capital loan amount decrease

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has applied for a third or fourth PayPal loan got approved and the amount was significantly lower than your previous loans. I am on my third loan and I paid off the other two and the proper amount of time and even early with my last one the first one was $3,000 and my second one was $6,500 now my third one is $1,000 this is so strange.... any ideas why?? All customer service said is they can't do anything about it and there is over 100 variables that come into play when the amount is determined and basically your history or previous amounts have no bearing which is silly because my sales have increased and no other major influences that I can see that could have affected this...... any insight will help
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you received your answer from Paypal.

It is at Paypal discretion how much they want to lend.

Login to Me Too

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor

Aw, ok. Just wonderingif anyone else experienced this....

They said reapply to see if it increase so maybe someone had a different outcome.... advise if so

Login to Me Too

GotitinPDX
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting - same scenario here.  First loan was $2500, second was $5000, and today was $1000.  My sales have increased dramatically and are extremely consistent.  No dings (returns, charbebacks, etc.).  Interesting though the fee for this thousand was only $27 making it dramatically cheaper than the other two.  I figure I will turn the inventory and have it paid off in a couple weeks. Just wierd. 

Login to Me Too

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor

wow!! very similiar! interesting! i wonder if its a different lender or something

Login to Me Too

GotitinPDX
Contributor
Contributor

I read a few news stories last week that they were going to be partnering with a different company for the working capital loan, but who knows!

Login to Me Too

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor

wow! i am almost done with this $1000 loan in less than 60 days. i'm nervous to see what will happen. denial, little money or more money! so unpredictable.

Login to Me Too

GotitinPDX
Contributor
Contributor
Just paid my $1000 loan off (less than 30 days). As soon as the pmt posts I will apply again and let you know the results. I have NO expectation after going from $2000, $2500, $5000 and then down to $1000, with my sales being stronger every time.
Login to Me Too

Bmcdonald
Contributor
Contributor

did my last payment today. will let u know as well!!!! so interesting!! i'm anxious

Login to Me Too

GotitinPDX
Contributor
Contributor
Well, $1000 again. And you?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.